Thread: Venting
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 11:19 AM   #33
rik20101
YT Addict

Well, things have gotten better, but far from perfect. We have been letting her out with the dane so she seems happy to have that access. I have been penning her with a pad and trying that route. She will sit in there for an hour or more without peeing. She has only peed on the carpet once, the kitchen twice, and pooped on the stairs all but one time since my last post. She KNOWS it is wrong because she will go lay down somewhere and look at me guiltily. If she hits the pad she gets praise and hugs and treats.

Today she peed on the carpet right in front of me with no warning. I just don't know how to 'make' her go potty while in her pen or outside. I do not have the time available to put her out for 10, put her in her crate for 15, put her out for 10, crate for 15....especially since I noticed she pees around 3-4 times a day. I mean, I can't make her pee if she doesn't have to can I? LOL!

So, an suggestions from here? She pees around 3-4 times a day and will poop at least once and occasionally twice a day. We are about to have to use her pen to block in the Christmas tree so she won't steal ornaments or pee on the tree skirt. I think we will set up the great dane crate we aren't using and place a pee pad in there to use as her pen until after the holidays.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!