View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 09:03 PM   #7
107barney
T. Bumpkins & Co.
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamSweet View Post
OMG - thanks for the warning....any suggestion on what would be better. Both girls love bully sticks, but the don't seem to agree with Greta (loose stools for 2-3 days afterwards. They also like the himalayan chews, but I was told they can chip and break. They're not too big on the Nyla-bones. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm sure there is something I just haven't thought of.

I know OMG is exactly what I said when I added it all up!
The dental clinic at Boston's Angell Memorial informed me that animal bones as well as deer antlers, hooves etc are all known to fracture teeth. Their suggestion was to stick with gumba-bones like flexible nylabones or anything that you can indent using your fingernail. The dentist told me that if you cannot make a mark with your fingernail, it's a fracture risk. Other bad items are ice cubes. The joke is that Daisy has the $million$ dollar tooth but really it was very stressful. She is a high risk dog and older so this was not good at all. I will note that she had no periodontal disease or gum recession and has had her teeth cared for her entire life so this was not due to neglect or lack of care etc - it was the bone. Unfortunately because boy did she love it!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!