View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 07:03 PM   #1
Krystee
Tobie's Mommy
Donating Member

Default Why is he doing this?

I just posted this in the agility and obedience section but after I did, I realized it might be better to put it here....

Tobie has started doing something that I need to fix but I'm not really sure why he's doing it so I thought I would see what you guys say.

98% of the time Tobie gets along wonderfully with the other dogs but every once in awhile he will start a random fight. For example, I was sitting on the couch holding Tobie and DH let our Cocker Spaniel in from outside. Tobie started barking and making a low growling sound. I said to DH, "Omgosh, his heart is beating so fast." I put him down on the ground and there he went after the CS. DH had to pick him up to stop him.
Or... I came home from work one morning (I had been there for about 5 minutes) and noticed that Tobie was growling at Charlie (our chihuahua mix) so I told him to stop and went to pick him up. Right as I did he went after Charlie.

I can't figure out why he is doing this. It always happens infront of me for some reason. He never gets into a fight in the other room or just when DH is in the room so it might have something to do with me?

We are getting ready to have him neutered (should have done this a long time ago but I just have such anxiety about it) so I'm hoping that will calm him down. Also, he is the only one that sleeps in our bed with us...we didn't plan it that way... just none of the other dogs like to sleep in the bed so I'm wondering if that makes him feel like the king of the house. We are planning to buy kennels for all of them and start training them to sleep in their kennels. This is going to be sooo hard for Tobie and for me! LOL. I love cuddling up with my baby at night but it needs to be done.

So those are my plans to help correct this behavior but other suggestions are welcome

(PS: When he does this we remove him from the room and put him in the bathroom for a little bit. Not sure if that's getting the point across though )
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!