View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 03:11 PM   #1
boopster
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Ready to change Tallulah's food - confused!

Tallulah's vet says she has been with me long enough to be settled down and I can now change her diet gradually. So I've been reading lots of threads on diet and I'm more confused than ever.

My vet recommended a premium food by Purina which frankly did not impress me much. I was looking at Acana puppy small breed -- it appears to be fish meal free -- are there other hidden preservatives that I need to watch out for? Would the puppy food be appropriate until she's a year old?

Tallulah doesn't each much kibble -- she much prefers moist food but I would like to get her eating more of the kibble to help keep her teeth cleaner. I don't see where Acana has a moist food. So do I moisten the kibble and hope she goes for it? Mix it with some other moist food -- if so which one?

The only thing I do know is that I need to change whatever food I give her gradually so as not to upset her little digestive system.

Why does this have to be so confusing? Why do dog food companies get away with using potentially harmful ingredients without disclosure because they were already in a ready-made ingredient that they can list generically (such as fish meal)? We just want to do the right thing for our pets. AAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!

Sorry-- I just needed to vent.

I would sincerely appreciate any advice you have for T's diet -- she's just a little over 4 months old and I want to help her have the best start in life she can get.
boopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!