View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 06:27 AM   #1
LaviniaHyacynth
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Lavinia Hyacynth "Vivi" June 9, 2004-November 28, 2010

Hi everyone, It has been a long time since my last post. But for those that may remember my beautiful angel dog, Vivi, and me, I wanted to post in her memory. Vivi, was born with an inoperable liver shunt. Over the years she developed kidney stones and congestive heart failure.....through it all she remained the most optimistic and happy dog you have ever seen. Vivi brought pure joy to all she met. When we were told she wouldn't make her 1st birthday, we didn't tell Vivi. It wouldn't have mattered as she refused to accept that fate. she turned 6 this past June and as we had done on all her birthdays, we celebrated and thanked God for another year with this remarkable little dog. The past 3 weeks, something changed. I couldn't really say exactly what but I could see she was slowing down. Still kissing me, still eating though not as much, still the world's best pooper(i say this because she was our little playdough machine).... all the liver related signs that I was well trained at looking for were unchanged. But something had shifted. She didn't leave my side these past weeks and i stayed home to be close to her. She had a great day on sunday and I was so happy as I thought she was getting better. She ate all her favorite foods and snuggled next to me all day as I was working on a research paper for graduate school. She had been shaking a bit but I thought it was from the cold weather. At 10pm my college age daughter, Lizzie, came home and was holding her, I gave her night time lactalose, we put her on the floor and she yelped and collapsed....I picked her up, she looked at me, and died in my arms. Although I knew she was and had been very sick her entire life, we had learned to live in the moment and in that moment she was gone. Her wonderful vet cried on the phone when I called to tell him the news. He had named her the miracle dog ....we had stopped looking at her medical charts years ago because he couldn't find a single scientific reason why she was still alive. I have been crying non stop. They say you have that special dog in your life that really, really gets to you and Vivi was mine. I have never known such a love in my life and I am surrounded by a family that loves me. I know that time is the healer but that is no comfort at the moment as all I want is to have my miracle dog back. I pray that I will see her again in heaven as i know she is there...happy and healthy and kissing everyone she sees. Rest in peace my precious angel. I will always love you.

Bear healed my broken heart!
LaviniaHyacynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!