View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 11:35 PM   #1
Deuce
No Longer a Member

Thumbs up Hiking Carrier Wanted

I love to take Rizzo for hikes, and as his endurance grows we are able to go further and further on hikes. That being said I am finding a need to purchase a great quality hiking carrier that will outlast us, as I try to do a hike once a month, and our last backpack carrier only made it through 4 trails before, sadly , the straps broke (no one was injured, it was empty)

What I am looking for in our next hiking friendly carrier is:

1. Sturdiness
2. Quality Work
3. Comfy, and with mesh siding so air can flow through easily
4. Comfortable straps for my shoulders
5. I would like a water reservior built in to the pack so I no longer have to carry multiple bottles of water in a separate bag.
6. A built in safety strap (or two), for added security when Rizzo is riding along
7. Large enough to fit 2 yorkies. I don't have two yet, but as I plan on this carrier lasting a long time, and also plan to get another yorkie in the future I'd like to be able to get them both in the same bag comfortably.
8. A great value for whatever the price tag is.
9. Added pockets for treats/food stuffs for me as well

I'm pretty much stuck when I get to number 5. I have not stumbled upon any dog carriers with built in water systems, which would be amazing. If anyone knows where I can find something like this please point me in the right direction by PM or reply to this thread.

Thank you
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!