Thread: Europe Trip
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2010, 04:36 PM   #6
Reese1
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by linz06 View Post
We are thinking of a Contiki bus tour for the first 18 days (London, Amsterdam, Lucerne, Innsbruck, Venice, Rome, Florence, French Riviera, Paris). It's a whirlwind and a lot of places to see, but we thought going on a tour might be nicer than trying to navigate alone. We also thought it would be nice to be with a group and make friends around the world. On the other hand, we've also heard Contiki is very party-party-party and that's just not us. I want to go to Europe to immerse in the cultures and see the sights! But there might be other like-minded people on the tour as well.

When that tour ends, we'd like to do 10 days in Scotland and Ireland. My ancestors on one side are from Scotland, and I know the exact little town they came from and would love to check that out. Scott lived and worked in Ireland (Londonderry) for a summer and wants to go back, and I'd also love to see Dublin!

We've been crunching numbers and might be able to go early if we take some funds out of our "wedding savings" (Isn't that sad for a couple that isn't even engaged? Lol!). We'll just need to make sure my parents aren't taking their own holidays so they can take Layla in for a month, and hopefully Scott can get time off earlier at his job! It worked out so nicely for September. Oh well!
Your itinerary sounds close to the one we took! London, Brussels, Amsterdam, Germany, Lucerne, Innsbruck, Venice, Rome, Tuscany, Nice & Paris! When I started researching, we knew we wanted to go April, May, September or October. It would be before heavy tourist season and less expensive!
It sucks that you can't get the time you were planning for and I can certainly understand needing to save what you need!
I'm not that familiar with the company you are looking at, but I have heard it's a party company and younger ages. We took Globus. Have you looked at them or Cosmos or Trafalgar?
We loved our tour group, we had so much fun with them. We didn't want to worry about navigating around by ourselves the first time either and I'm so glad we took the tour!
If I had more time, we would have extended and visited Ireland & Scotland too, that's in the future!
I'm sure you will get it worked out!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!