Thread: Europe Trip
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2010, 09:23 AM   #1
linz06
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Unhappy Europe Trip

Scott and I have been planning a trip to Europe for ages. We planned to go in September 2011, or somewhere around there. We decided on the tour we want to go on, plus extra time by ourselves, and we wanted to book the trip within the next couple of weeks. I overheard a coworker yesterday telling another coworker that he and his wife are also going to Europe next September. I have just taken one week of vacation this year, and have banked a lot of extra weeks in overtime. I asked today, almost a year ahead of time, for that time off. They said no It's really not fair if they're also giving my coworker that time off (we don't work in the same area so we can both have time off at the same time). Or maybe he hasn't asked yet.

I'm just feeling a little heartbroken. They said if I want to go, to go before June because we are apparently getting some work in June that will last the rest of the year. But I'd have enough savings by September to go, not June. And I don't want to go in the peak of tourist season. I thought September would be perfect because it would still be warm!

Sorry I just needed to rant a little bit. I know my work has the ability to tell me when I can and can't go on holidays but I just thought they'd give me this one since I hardly take time off and I work my butt off for them. I just feel down about it.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!