Thread: Diarrhea
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 07:08 AM   #1
Namor
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Diarrhea

My daughter babysat my year old baby Deuce (5 pounds) this weekend beginning on Friday. He enjoys going to her house and plays with her Yorkie Maddie. When I say plays I mean non-stop. He stressed out at bedtime because it wasn't his house and he wanted to play with Maddie. He began having Diarrhea on Saturday. They eat the same food although she said he ate quite a bit since she eats a different size kibble than he has. (Innova) Since Saturday he has also thrown up several times and the loose stools continue. He even wakes us up at night to go out. I tried giving him pumpkin yesterday but he did not like it mixed in his kibble so I just spoon fed him a bit. Yesterday evening his stool seemed to be firming up but he woke us at 2 a.m. and had diarrhea outside. This morning I tried some pumpkin again - about a Teaspoon and he threw it up. He is not eating his kibble.

He plays, will go for a walk and seems OK except for this tummy issue. He has been eating and drinking until today. Initially I thought he was stressed because we were not with him this weekend but figured he would bounce back by now.

What should I feed him? Should I try his wet food? (Wellness Chicken and sweet potatoes) Should I try some boiled chicken or something else? How long do I let him go without eating? Since tomorrow is a holiday I think I should move on this today if need be. Your thoughts would be appreciated.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!