View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 03:41 PM   #5
evab
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chizu View Post
thank you i live in central LA. i'm going to look for a good grooming place tomorrow. i hope i find one..
Hi, I do Kiki myself.. even though I am not trained, I started off by looking on this site for grooming tips, then looked at some internet uploads. I have a small electric mens shaver to take off the top ear hairs, and use round end scissors to trim her coat (for safety), it's not a professional top knotch look, but I am happy with the results.

I have two more munchkins a Westie and a Shih-Tzu cross and they have always gone to a home based groomer, she charges £24 which is around $19 dollars, she was recommended and it made me feel more at ease leaving them with her, they don't seem to mind going to her now as they have gotten to know her. If I could not manage Kiki at a future in the future, I would feel happy taking her to Pam now, but I would make sure she knew how I wanted her cut etc....Finding the right groomer can be a daunting and worrying time, both for you and your furby, I am not sure if you would leave or stay while the groomer works, but staying would maybe be an option, to see for yourself how your baby reacts. (Remember if you are not happy at anytime you have the right to say so). We also have in-home groomers in the UK, who will come and groom in your own home, that could be another option for you both.
evab is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!