View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 10:26 AM   #1
Parker's Mum
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Sketchy Rescue shelter???

How do I know if a Rescue group is on the "up & up"??? I've gotten a weird vibe from this lady and don't know if I should apply.
Ok,so I have been considering adopting a rescue dog & have been looking the last couple weeks at a few shelters. I stumbled upon a schnauzer-mix last night on Petfinder. There wasn't much info so I emailed this shelter for more info. But this lady seems very unwilling to give me ANY info about this dog. She didn't answer any of my questions, basically just sent me the application form. I then re-asked my questions & explained that my current dog has a few issues & I need to know if this dog would get along well with mine before I apply. She again just tells me to fill out the application, that the schnauzer is "fine with all".
I feel like I don't want to waste my time & theirs (& my Vet for a reference) by applying only to find out that this dog wont be a good match for mine. I don't want to give all my personal information (& my references personal info) with nothing to go on. I realize the application process is quite extensive, but I want to know what kind of dog I'm applying for in the first place.
The website says all the right things about "taking the time to consider whether the dog is right for you before applying" but then she's refusing to give me any info at all. I would think they would only want applications from people that are serious. This lady just gives me a bad vibe, but the website seems ok, and I can't find any info against them.
so how do I know if this rescue group is what they say they are? I don't know whether to apply or not ?
any suggestions? Has anyone else ever adopted a rescued dog?
Parker's Mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!