View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 05:08 AM   #7
baby yorkie
YT 500 Club Member

I'm not sure that Lysol will kill the ringworm spores. I knew I couldn't bleach my couch, that is why I purchased a shampooer. I cleaned the furniture and carpet ('cause remember, even if the dog is not allowed someplace, you are and you carry it around the house) on a regular basis to keep the spores down. My neighbor kept getting ringworm on her face and swore she covered her furniture to keep it form getting infected. (This is like three or so months after the whole thing started.) As soon as she cleaned her furniture, she didn't get another spot! As for the vet, mine freaked out! The first time, she didn't even want me to touch the counter to pay or anybody else. It made me feel just terrible! She told me to keep all three dogs separated, although they all had it. One can start getting better and get it back from another. I wasn't supposed to touch them with bare skin, so I wore gloves and long sleeves for a while. I had to purchase their medication from a specialty pharmacy because Tia was just over a lb and Ally was 3 lbs. It was a never-ending situtation. Believe me when I said we cried! Okay, if I was you, whether you have the results or not, keep the baby on a non carpeted area. Someplace that is easily cleanable. Start washing stuff and limit the stuff that is given (maybe rotate them), so you can manage. Start cleaning. I'm really wishing that your baby does not have ringworm! Please let us know. Sending hugs and kisses!!!!!
baby yorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!