View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 04:15 PM   #65
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crete456 View Post
PLEASE read my original post then response...respecfully...I said that if you do your homeowork...attend dog shows...THIS IS #1...with time and experience you can find a quality bitch or dog without having to spend thousands of dollars...I've done it, my sister has done it,...I will come to your club and show you my results...AND STILL NOT A ONE OF YOU HAVE SAID THAT I HAVE GIVEN THIS PERSON WRONG ADVICE...You all have gone on a tangent about me advicing someone to buy a pup from the newspaper... I did noy advise this...I SAID I LOOKED AT TENS OF LITTERS...and know the breed standard...GEEEEZE!!!!!
What is being said is that what you've done is not the norm.

You did advise to buy from the classifieds, as you did it. And buying this way you don't know what your dog will produce. You don't know the lines, you haven't followed the dam/sire offspring and their offspring. Not good advice no matter how you spin it.

What has been omitted her is having your dog evaluated; not only health tested but evaluated, by a qualified judge/breeder/handler/exhibitor.

You can't go to shows and sit as a spectator and learn the breed. Impossible, can't do it without a mentor.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!