View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 01:43 PM   #12
kjc
I♥PeekTinkySaph&Finny
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaly View Post
I appreciate how sweet everyone is, and I won't forget your kindness. With the loss of our other little babies, the pain is still deep and the love is very powerful. I wouldn't want it to be any other way. The difference is that time has healed some of the painful feelings, but it is a bit too soon with Ashley. We talk about all of our little girls often, and an overwhelming feeling of joy overtakes us as we remember how special they made our lives and how lucky we were to be their mom and dad. They were our babies and our lives revolved around caring for and loving them and helping them to feel secure and loved. The love we feel will last forever, even with the passage of time.

My husband still regrets the fact that we buried our first Yorkie, Jolie, in our backyard. We planted a beautiful tree for her with pretty flowers surrounding the area. I do love that area, but since we will move from here one day, it still upsets him that we will have to leave her behind. Knowing how he feels about this, I can't imagine how devastating it would have been if we were given the wrong ashes instead of Ashley's. I also would have been distraught if we had. I brought Ashley to our vet after she passed away in my arms at home, and I was given paperwork from them. Ashley's ashes had a copy of the paperwork contained with her ashes, so I am certain that we have her remains. I hope this post saves someone else the hurtful experience that we had. Thank you again for your support and for caring. It means the world to me.
I'm sorry your are feeling the pain of having to leave little Jolie when the time comes...
May I suggest... take 4 pictures of her gravesite, one during each of the seasons, and put a bit of the dirt from the site in a baggie. Then, cut a few flowers when they bloom, and dry them, and snip a twig from the tree you planted in her memory. You could purchase an urn or one of those oak boxes from the vet and have it engraved with her name, and put these things in it, along with anything you may have kept, a favorite toy, a tooth, a lock of hair, a collar or charm. This at least would be something you can take with you.

I truly believe that a pup's spirit leaves the body immediately when the body ceases to function, and I believe their spirits stay with us and follow us wherever we go. They are always with us, it's just sad because we cannot see them any more. Not saying anything here, as I have my own collection of tiny boxes (and one large box). My intent was to bury the boxes, because this was there home while they were with me on this earth, but the ground here is not cooperating so I keep them in my bedroom.

And I am going to be brutally honest with you... your posts about your babies past totally undo me everytime I read one. I am sitting here once again trying to stay composed enough to convey my thoughts to you in the kindest and most gentle of ways... I am crying so much my own pups are getting worried about me... well here goes, and I am only going to say this once...

You and your Husband are such dear, sweet , good people, and you both have so much love for your precious babies, even now that they are gone. It upsets me to no end to hear the pain of your losses, the pain from having all this love and nowhere to put it. The constant ache in your hearts... it doesn't get better, and it won't. My heart breaks for you both. I know that you know your babies could sense when things were not 'right' with you. Do you think they would ever want you to feel like this on their passing? I don't know of any other way to say this, but you need, more than anyone I know or have ever known, you need to get another Yorkie to have in your lives. I know this may be hard to comprehend, but the cycle of love doesn't end... it only continues. And I am only speaking from experience, but the hurt cannot begin to heal until you can give that love you still hold so dear in your hearts to another Yorkie in need. The pain will not go away, because Love isn't made to be withheld, it is made to be given. The main excuse people give is they are not ready. Were any of us 'ready' to love a Yorkie? From all I have heard, no one ever expected to feel the intensity of the love that has grown in their hearts for their little ones. It is truly amazing. You both need to have this in your lives again, soon. If you are truly not ready... I will understand, but then please do it for me. Please get yourselves another little one to have in your lives. Know that my heart will bleed for you both until you do.

Love and Hugs Always,
Kathy
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!