View Single Post
Old 11-20-2010, 01:31 PM   #5
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jquin2010 View Post
Hi all, I've always lurked around YorkieTalk, however this is my first post!

I have 6 very healthy little babys that are 6 weeks old... however this week my husband and I noticed one of the babies legs has a deformity. The front right leg is much smaller, causing the puppy to limp when walking. When we examined the leg closer we concluded that it is a joint deformity... where it seems the bone did not get to it's potential growth.

Other than that, the puppy is healthy... playing, wags it's tail, etc.

We really love this puppy and we beleive that we will find him a good home, but before we find his new parents we would like to know if there is anything we can do to help the pups deformed leg?

Would excersizing it or anything help?

I've done some research and cannot find anything specific to this deformity, other than it could be a congenital disorder with the chromosomes, or dwarfism.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!
JQuin
As a suspected congential disorder, you would as a breeder certainly want to investigate throughly if this is indeed true, as this will and should impact your breeding program. So the first steps you are taking.

i have not yet heard of any physio programs or medical treatment that could help lengthen this shortened leg. Before that is investigated, an ortho vet should examine the Xrays, delineate the cause, and hopefully suggest some if any "medical" solutions.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!