View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 09:51 PM   #1
Jenna AK
YT Addict

Default Jenna having diarrhea and coughing/trying to vomit today

Jenna hasn't been feeling too well today. She's been coughing/trying to dry heave a bit this morning, and most recently after drinking some water about 30 minutes ago.
I've had to take her outdoors twice to potty and the first time (about 2 pm) she started off firm, then got loose...this last time-a few hours ago-all watery. She ran down the road and tried to go again, but nothing much more came, only gas.
(It's also just been snowing the last few days and she's gotten some snow up her nose and in her mouth...so I'm wondering if just dirty snow has upset her stomach?)
I am not sure what she may have eaten that could have started this. She's been fine until a few days ago, when she was actually too firm and unable to go for a whole day. So I stopped her dry food (Royal Canin YT 28) and just gave her canned (DVP Natural Balance Ultra Premium) all day on Wednesday until she was able to go. Yesterday evening , she did have some dry food again.
She is also having a few treats after her walks called Training Tips (also by DVP), lamb flavor I think. Unless she got into something of ours, or my cats' food (they are sloppy eaters and tend to drop pieces on the floor that I don't always spot) I can't figure out what could've gotten this started?
She recently (2 weeks ago) was eating DVP Bison and Sweet Potato canned food, but I had to stop that while we fished around for a cause of a recent ear infection. (one vet told me it was food allergies, the one who cleared her up said yeast infection)

We also stopped giving her C.E.T. dental chews over two weeks ago, so I don't think that's the problem. Is it? They kind of kept her regular, but also contained yeast and chlorhexidrine, which may have contributed to the ear problem.
The only other thing I can think is, I stupidly gave her a taste (like a little fingernail full) of a Cowpals Cheddar Snack last night that I was eating. But I can't imagine such a small piece of human food would make her this ill....would it?

Anyway, she won't get that again, as I've read a lot of folks here really think dairy is not good for these dogs, or any pet. So....

AND, she cannot eat even boiled chicken, it also gives her diarrhea. If I fix her some rice, what do I mix it with to get her to eat it?
Many thankies in advance!
Jenna AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!