View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 11:31 AM   #4
baby yorkie
YT 500 Club Member

Tia had ringworm when we adopted her this past Easter. The vet didn't even catch it until I questioned the ringworm on my arm. Yes, Tia shared everything with everybody, even the neighbor & her dog (ringworm, giardia, and coccidia). Ringworm does not go away for a long time. For at least two whole months we gave the dogs a bath every other day (like you) and yes they hated it. I limited the toys and bedding they had so I could wash/sterilize it when they were washed. Carpet was vacuumed, floors were mopped, kennel/bedding/toys/bowls/collars/baseboards and/or anything they touched were washed every other day. Everything that was washed had bleach in it (other than the dogs). I purchased a carpet/furniture shampooer so I could clean it regularly. They weren't allowed on the furniture, but they did brush up against it. When you walk where they walk, you are taking the ringworm spores with you throughout the house. I think they can live for two months on furniture and stuff like that. I went thru a ton of bleach and Tide. Me and my neighbor cried alot. Good luck and I know how you feel. It is not fun and it does take time! Oh, the shampoo may dry out your babies skin. I had to deal with that afterwards with Ally. It was like she had frosted flakes on her neck that would not go away.
baby yorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!