View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 08:28 AM   #8
Maximo
♥ Maximo and Teddy
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloelove View Post
She's been on this food since I've had her. She is getting better with the pumpkin today i am off and will be spending my whole day inspecting her and trying to get her to go. Also a trip to petsmart is planned to get booties and look at some new food! Do you guys suggest any special kind? And the reason they rather her be on hard food is because it makes the teeth stronger? I guess soft food doesnt build up the strength of their teeth, i was surprised myself when i was told not to give her soft food, because she loves it!
I hope Chloe's problem isn't serious and that you can resolve it soon. As posted above, if this continues today, call your vet.

Does Chloe like to chew bones? I think chewies of various kinds would do more than kibble for tooth/jaw strength. My guys like Merrick Texas Toothpicks, Himalayan Chews, and Merrick Wishbones.

For food choices, Petsmart carries Wellness and Castor Pollux. If you have a Petco in your area, they carry Merrick Before Grain and Wellness Core. Specialty shops have Orijen, Acana, Fromm, and other great choices. If your budget permits, Honest Kitchen is a great dehydrated food that you add water to. Chloe may like that. Tractor Supply carries Taste of the Wild, and Costco has Kirkland's. Finding the right food for your little girl will require a little testing. The specialty shops usually have samples, or you can order a sample pack online from places Luke's All Natural.

Try mixing in a little of the wet food with the kibble to encourage Chloe to eat both.
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!