View Single Post
Old 11-18-2010, 08:24 PM   #1
Dlsheph
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Skin problems...

I've been lurking for a couple of weeks and found a lot of useful information but I really need feedback today.

I got my baby 5 weeks ago from a breeder that I've known for years. Their house has always been dirty but their dogs seemed well adjusted and loved. When I brought her home she stunk really bad and was oily. They said they had sprayed flea spray on her before I got there. When I got her home I bathed her in sensitive shampoo. As I began to look at her I saw all these spots all over her that were like cradle cap. Little yellow crusty spots all over and her chest was scaly. I thought it was just from being so filthy when I got her. The next day I took her to my groomers and she said she had fleas so she bathed her in Dawn and let it sit to get rid of the fleas. I scheduled an appointment to take her to the vet for shots and check up. it took 2 weeks to get her in.

By the time I took her in I had found 6 spots of ringworm on me. I'm assuming the ringworm is from her since my other two animals have never had it before. I've been treating myself with apple cider vinegar and econizol. Two of the spots are brown and flat but I am still treating them all. I used diluted ACV on her before we got into the vet. The vet prescribed Mal-A-Ket every other day, let it sit on her for 10 minutes and then rinse. Do not towel dry but let her air dry. I've been doing this for a week now and she still has spots that are crusty and flaky. The fungal culture results should be available in 3-7 days.

I guess I just need some reassurance that I'm doing the right thing here. I'm exhausted!! I'm a single Mom with 2 boys. We are trying to wrap up football season and practice every night, games all weekend, work full time, oldest working on his Eagle Scout project, no help from the ex and now this puppy that seems healthy but I have to bathe every two days and disinfect all of her areas...she's going to hate me for her 'torture' every other day...We all know that vets will take their time treating things so you have to come back numerous times. I don't know what to do. Sorry this is so long...just needed someone to 'listen'.

Thanks!!
Dlsheph is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!