View Single Post
Old 11-18-2010, 03:36 PM   #7
143julz
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Ok, we’re back…on our drive to vet’s office his stomach just sounded like a constant “gargle”.
He has no temp, they did fecal and came back negative.
The Dr gave me Panacur and Metronidazole 250mg, basically enough for three days. Then I should go back in 3 weeks for another dose of Panacur..
I asked about the med’s and he said some parasites do not show in a fecal, but wanted to give Panacur as a precautionary?? Oh along with a ¼ Pepcid every day.
I wet his dry food w/ warm water and he ate a few kibbles of I/D, and refused Chicken Soup??

I’m not sure about all this… BUT

We bought his last 2 bags of food Sept 25th, Chicken Soup and I/D. The I/D looks different, the kibble is smaller. I heard Chicken brand was bought buy another company??(Not sure)
On Oct 1st we started to take notice of the gargling noises. I say this b/c he did eat that day and shortly after it all came up, he also was given his heartworm pill which that to came up….Not saying this is related to the pill, I just remembered the date b/c I was concerned he didn’t get that dose.. Nov he got sick 4 days after the pill, and those were really the only two times I can recall vomit…The gargling has been on-going…

I might consider changing his food, however, he has a very sensitive stomach and the I/D was introduced over a yr or so ago when I was “sampling” different ones w/ him, and he liked it and it agreed w/ him and he’s been on the mix every since???

So confused on what to do?? Should I go ahead and give him the med’s?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!