View Single Post
Old 11-18-2010, 08:07 AM   #13
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
I think you can be pretty sure he's a silky coated Yorkie. Not sure why the fluffying up. There are also sprays you can spray on that reduce static. When Joey had a long coat I loved a product made by Gerard/Pellham called Whispering Mist. The hair would lie very flat and straight. Ring 5 Whispering Mist Coat Spray, 8 oz pump by Gerard Pellham - Cherrybrook
I've been looking for something like this. Jackson's hair, when it grows out (though I never keep it 'long) gets curly. He's certainly not a cottony coat though, so I tend to think he's modified. But thanks for the link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalina82 View Post
Morgan has a cotton coat and she poofs out the day after her bath. I gave her a schnauzer cut with the chest furnishings on saturday. By Sunday the chest furnishings were sticking out sideways instead of hanging straight down.

I just looked at your albums to see Gatsby's coat. I don't think he has a cotton coat, or a silky one. I'm not sure what kind he has. it looks kinda coarse in the pictures. how does his hair feel? silky, soft, harsh, hard, thin, thick, warm, cold?
Gatsby looks like he has the coat more of an Australian Terrier. Have you ever seen them? They're from the Yorkie family, I believe Aussies and Yorkies were mixed to make Silky's.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!