View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 05:12 PM   #137
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemy View Post
Mary I hear you! And I do spend hours on the phone educating about BRT;s. But still while there might be a flashing alarm sign in my head,m if the first question is about cost, and btw BRT's sell for $2500 and up for even a pet, I am much more concerned about who these people are, will they train, will they do the best as pet parents for this breed. And I do this education as well. Maybe because of the rare nature of my breed, I'm more used to people asking about the cost. Usally for most oncethey hear the cost, they go away. The danger for me, is if they say, umm okay when can I get one? That shivers me timbers. I've only bred once, and had the waiting list for Magic's pups. All folks I have met, who filled out the questionnaire, who are still in contact with me.
This is why I never confirm on initial contact whether I will or have pups available. I thoroughly screen before revealing anything. Until a potential new family answers a few questions the conversation doesn't proceed forward. I look for key words/phrases to inform me if the person requires education, looking for a bargain or even continue with the conversation. I don't do questionaires. I have a couple of long conversations, then a meet and greet. If we get to the point of a pup; they're then invited to the home to meet the pups. But, by that time we've established a firm relationship of trust. I still contact with my families.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!