Thread: Raw diets
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 08:49 AM   #4
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

I feed Jackson either Primal Raw or Stella & Chewy's and it's usually around 3x a week (I do it for his breakfast). He gets 3 Primal 'nuggets' in the morning and 1/2 cup of Orijen or Acana kibble in the evening (he is 15lbs).

I've noticed less poo on the raw for sure, and since we've started it I've noticed his teeth are getting a little cleaner. He has really nice teeth but did have some staining/tarter on his top canine teeth that has visibly went away for the most part, and I also use Petzlife once a week. He always gets compliments on how shiny is coat is and how nice shape he is in, but he had a shiny coat just eating Acana/Orijen kibble too so I don't know if I can 'credit' the raw for that. But it's sooo nice to see him enjoying his meal and wanting to eat in the mornings (I don't give him breakfast otherwise, because he won't eat anything else in the AM's).

If I could afford to feed it full-time, I would, and if I had more time, I definitely would. The pre-made gets pretty expensive though so feeding 3x a week works for us and I'm not in a position nor do I want to do prey model raw (where you basically do it all yourself). I'm not comfortable with that or have the desire to do it. But the pre-made raw is super easy....

Last edited by Britster; 11-17-2010 at 08:51 AM.
Britster is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!