View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 07:02 AM   #1
Freddy_SW
Yorkie Yakker

Default teething behavior??

Freddy started loosing teeth when he was about 5 months. I found only 3 teeth on the floor but thought that he must have swallowed the rest. He was neutered three weeks ago ( when he was 6 months) and i asked the vet for his opinion about baby teeth and if he should pull the remaining onces out while Freddy is under. Well, the vet didn't pull any teeth because he said, it didn't look like he would need it.

Starting last week Freddy's behavior changed. He is barking and growling ALL the time (especially at me). He bites fingers, shoes, feet... It feels like he is mad all the time. At first i wasn't sure what was going on with him until i realized that his new teeth were coming in ....he is loosing teeth like crazy. I am trying to play tug-o-war with him and it does help. He lost 4 teeth yesterday while playing. ( i have about 12 teeth that i found so far altogether) I feel really sorry for him and trying to give him a variety of things to chew on but he doesn't use them ( bully sticks, texas toothpick, flexible nylabones..) i started to freeze pieces of apple and give those to him but the problem is that they are gone pretty fast and i don't want to give him too much of it..

Can you tell me if your pups were acting like this when they were teething? What other things can you think of that i can give him to relive his pain?
How long should i wait until taking him to the vet to get the remaining teeth pulled? I can see two teeth on the side coming in and the baby teeth are still there...and don't even move. My mother in law says that the new teeth will push the old ones out..

I feel really sorry for him ( although the barking does drive me crazy!!). I will go on vacation to Germany for a week tomorrow and i will leave Freddy with my mother in law, she has two yorkies herself so i thought that he would have a good time at her house...now i feel bad for leaving him alone during this time.
Freddy_SW is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!