View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 06:43 AM   #1
Bentleys Momma
YT 500 Club Member

Default Give me strength

I now know exactly why I am not a nurse. I have NO willpower and am willing to give in to my patient. I know this is only an eye infection and so many furbabies on her are suffering from much more serious and long term illnesses so I bad that our issue is so minor. However, I am still struggling...

We were up at 3 AM for a potty break and I got a drink. Maddie was looking pitiful in her little cone and she whined a bit and pawed at it. I thought I would be up for a little bit so I sat down on the floor and took off the cone thinking I would be right there and we could play a little before putting it back on and going back into bed.

Needless to say it took her all of about 2 seconds to wander over to where her food is and I thought, oh YAY! she is going to eat on her own (yes, I have been hand feeding her kibble one piece at a time). What does she do??? She turned around and pawed at her eye! I was right there watching her and couldn't get to her fast enough before her paw was actually on her face. It happened so fast. Of course, I put her cone right back on and I could tell it broke her heart.

After lying in bed for a while after this, I thought of what someone told me here on YT after we first got Maddie from her abusive situation. The advise was to act as if her past life didn't happen. I am going to try to take that advice today and turn it into "act like she isn't wearing a cone on her head!". I will of course make changes to ensure she is adequately nourished, etc. which will probably require me to put her food directly onto the floor since she is not able to get her head into a bowl - or at least a flat plate on the floor - so she can eat herself, etc. but I need to stop coddling her as it is not doing either one of us good.

Praying for strength!

Peggy, Monkey & Maddie
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!