View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 06:19 AM   #13
ourfirstyorkie
☺Farrah☺
Donating Member

Thank you KJC for the information. I do not think you were harsh. Just a little annoyed and I think that is okay.
Farrah has been a "dirty girl" from day one at exactly 12 weeks old when I got her back in January. So much so that I bathe her every other day and wash her feet almost every time she does her business. I am a fanatic with cleanliness. She does not have a UTI but maybe the hormone imbalance you mentioned. She has always walked when she does her business and I have found that to be very common in a lot of dogs.
My "dirty girl" has no problem walking and/or jumping on her pee and poop. I think it is disgusting and don't understand. I have only had big dogs in my lifetime and not one of them ever stepped in their "business".
When you suggest getting rid of the crate, what is the alternative? If left in the x-pen (which she is completely happy with too) she will potty all around...on her bed, in the water bowl, floor and sometimes even on the potty pad. Have you ever heard of a dog pooping in their dish? Then I'm back to bathing her daily and I already have 5 beds in the rotation.
I stopped feeding her at night based on the breeders recommendation to help with the potty overnight. She is thriving so I don't see it to be a problem.
What do yo think is a realistic age for a Yorkie to be housebroken? I cannot be on any more of a schedule with her and couldn't be cleaner...not possible. BTW, she is walked twice a day. And has play time twice a day.
Thanks again for your input.
and Jerry
ourfirstyorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!