View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 07:49 PM   #10
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Of course there are going to be negative reviews on every food, that's inevitable. But a lot of companies have never had recalls or been involved in animal cruelty which I won't support.

The way I see it, it's just like with people... you have those who perfectly balance their organic, chemical-free meals; those who live off pre-prepared dinners and those who live off food from 'the dollar menu' at the drive-thru.

People who eat horribly, smoke heavily, etc. can live perfectly normal lives. Just because a person CAN live off fatty foods and TV dinners, doesn't necessarily mean you're the healthiest you can be... or that you should eat fast food every day.

Just like the person who exercises, eats excellent and "does everything right" can drop dead at age 30 from a random heart attack.

That's just life. You gotta do for your dogs what you personally decide is right. In the end nobody can place blame and say 'this dog didn't live as long as this one because it ate better food.' There's too many other factors out there. People need to just do their research, and feed what you feel works best for your dog. Not what someone else says its best for your dog. I give Jackson a milkbone treat every now and then, or Cesar wet food, but it's all in moderation... just like with people, you treat yourself once or a few times a week.

I'm glad to hear Iams has worked great for you.. but I do like to put out there, since this is a public forum for others to learn from, etc, that Iams is not really a quality food or what most people would recommend. Alot of newbies can log on to YorkieTalk and read this thread and think "Oh Iams is great!!" so I always just want to play 'devils advocate' and put both sides out there for people to think about.

Last edited by Britster; 11-16-2010 at 07:52 PM.
Britster is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!