View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010, 09:48 PM   #9
Klyn
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdhawks View Post
Wouldn't the braided strands still be quite thin - thin enough to easily swallow? I am quite confused. I think it still sounds dangerous.
I understand the confusion. If I had made the rope already, I'd take a picture. The idea is for the rope to be at least 1in thick. I did some playing around with the idea and found that the strands stick together quite well. She'd have to chew on it for a while before she could get any pieces small enough to swallow, or even separate the strands. We keep a close eye on her toys anyway. There would also be a large knot in the middle to complicate the whole swallowing thing.

I appreciate all the input. It was just an idea, and perhaps I could have made it more clear that she'd have to chew for a while before getting to any individual strands. We take Lacie's toys & playtime very seriously because she, like any other energetic puppy, will chew and swallow anything. We are always surveying her toys to make sure they are still in safe condition. I really wasn't concerned about her getting a hold of any individual strands of floss. It was the wax I was concerned about.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!