View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010, 06:39 PM   #1
dirob2
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Confused "Princess" Potty behavior

We got Maya 16 months ago when she was a year old. She is 3/4 Yorkie and 1/4 Chihuahua. Very sweet but stubborn. Was told she was potty pad trained but she never hit the pad. Have bigger dogs and they use the doggie door so I decided Maya could do it too. She caught on very quickly and was great until the weather got wet. This year she was quite good in the nice weather but now that it is raining daily again she is peeing inside. She doesn't like to get her feet wet. I take her out several times a day and try to get her first thing before she gets up, but still she is peeing on the floor about every other day. Our carpet is old and I know other animals peed on it before we moved in so there is probably the scent even though we have cleaned it. I can't afford to rip up the carpet yet. I am thinking of getting a dog litter box, but looking at the mixed reviews it is hard to know if it will work or not. Anybody else use them for a little "Princess" or "Prince"? Or other advice? She knows what she should be doing, but unless I catch her in the act (seldom) she is not getting a scolding, so "no consequence" no change.
dirob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!