View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 07:17 PM   #8
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

You're still young! I am only 20 myself and can't even imagine having kids now or in 3 years. I know I want children eventually.

But I'll give you some of my insight:

My mom had me when she was 22 and she obviously never regretted having me (hello! I'm the coolest ) but she does wish she had been older. She was still just so young and went through so many phases... for the first year of my life, she stayed home and was into the mom thing, but then she missed partying and staying out late. She became a real party woman and I was left with babysitters a lot, though always taken care of properly and loved. My dad was 23 at the time and also went through his 'want to be out on the boat all day and night' phase (we live near Chesapeake Bay) when I was a baby but he also owned his own business at the time and was successful. I have more memories of my dad taking care of me than my mom to be honest. They were just TOO young and had two different mind sets. They loved each other at one point in their life but both went off in different directions... I think, had they met when they were older, they'd be perfect for each other now. And both have told me that they feel that way, even though both are re-married. They got divorced when I was 10 and it was REALLY hard on me. She had my little brother under unforeseen circumstances when she was 32 and was in a much better place in her life to raise a child, honestly.

My aunt waited to have her first until she was 34 and is SOOOO happy with her baby. She enjoys all of her time with him and raising him, and spending time with him. She is over the partying phase and selfish phase in her life and it was the right time for her to have a baby. She's not perfectly happy in her marriage but she's so glad she had him and is grateful she waited.

My personal goal is to wait until early-mid 30's to have a baby. I think most people are in a potentially better mindset then and possibly don't have so many 'changes' that will occur in their lives.

Last edited by Britster; 11-12-2010 at 07:18 PM.
Britster is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!