View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 01:41 PM   #11
Sgt_Cooper
Senior Yorkie Talker

my thoughts are for some one starting out with a new dog would be not to do it and let him sleep in his own bed but close to you at night ie a dog bed one the floor by you. I did this at first and he was conent. Then I would sneak him into bed :O)loved and i was by myself as my husband and i were seperated when i got him. but when my husband came back it became an issues. He didn't like the idea because we'd since gotten a bigger taller bed and he couldnt get out to potty on his own so he'd pee in the bed. so we put him back to his bed on the floor on my side of the bed. It took getting use to because it does spoil him and they want back in bed. Now, me and hubby arent getting along good these days again and I ve moved back to the smaller bed and Ive let mine back in bed. I love it but I'm spoiling him again I'm sure and will have to probably get him used to his bed again.

Maybe u can try to see if he/she is content in his bed on the floor right beside you. other than that the only thing that comes to mind is that ive seen dog "bunk beds" where there is a crate like bed on bottom, steps that lead up to another bed on top. If yours would be safe on the top bunk and would use the steps then the height might put him close to you and he might feel just as much close to you as if he were in bed. Have no idea what they cost but I would say they are expensive.
Sgt_Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!