View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 07:50 PM   #1
diannenet
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Default Update on Toby's LP

As you all know, back on September 18th our vet informed us that Toby has Grade 3/4 LP in his left rear leg and Grade 2 in his right rear leg (which never bothered him.) When he was diagnosed, he weighed 11.1 lbs.

Today, eight weeks later, I took him for a weigh in at the vet and he is down to 10.0 lbs! He's no longer on Rimadyl (hasn't been for about 2 1/2 weeks) and he's back to his happy go lucky self. We still have a couple pounds to take off but we'll get there. I'm adamant about getting him back to the 8 lbs. he weighed when we rescued him 11 months ago.

We've made a few changes around the house to accommodate his LP such as doggy stairs, limiting his running and playing and changing his feeding habits drastically. It has paid off and I want to thank Megansmomma, Ladyjane and 107barney for all their support and advice. I'm not sure we would have made it this far without any of you.

Just thought I would let everyone know......I'm so happy we aren't going down the surgery road (but would do it in a heartbeat if he needed it for a better quality of life.) He is the canine version of the "love of my life."

Last edited by diannenet; 11-10-2010 at 07:51 PM.
diannenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!