View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 04:25 PM   #1
ASTPhi877
Senior Yorkie Talker

Question Rescue's real age??? 6 mo. pics anyone???

Hi All!

My baby Lucy is a rescue, so I honestly have no idea how old she is. My vet told me that she was about 4 mo. old when I got her, but I've always felt like she seemed so much older than my other rescue (Chihuahua, Lila) who was three mo. at the time. And this is also the man that told me it was "unlikely" that my Chi would get the ringworm that Lucy came to me with because she was probably "immune to it"! (I mean, really!) So needless to say, I'm a bit skeptical of anything he's told me since then (especially since Lila is now having to be treated for the ringworm that she did in fact, despite my best efforts, get!) But I digress...

So my real question is this: Does anyone on here have a baby that is currently about 6mo. old so that I could possibly gauge Lucy age a little better for myself? I realize that everyone's babies break at different times, but maybe I could get a general idea from some of your pictures. She did come to me with her tufty black puppy coat, so I know that she is young... however I have since shaved her several times (for both the ringworm and for aesthetic reasons - she was a hot mess!) She is now almost completely silvery-gray with a totally white head - no black at all on the head despite still being about 3 1/2 inches long there (although she is starting to get some very rich gold hairs at the roots - yorkie's are so amazing, yay!!) and very, very few wiry black hairs left in the saddle. Does anyone think it at all likely that this baby is only 6 mo. right now?

I don't have a camera at the moment, so I realize these might be a difficult questions to answer without any pictures to show... which is why I'm asking for y'alls pics if you've got them!

Thank you in advance for any help you could give me!

Oh, p.s. her coat was originally about 5 to six inches long when I got her, which is another reason I'd guessed her age to be a little older...
ASTPhi877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!