View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 01:24 PM   #5
ChocoMilk
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie07 View Post
$345??? Ouch! I was at Petsmart the other day and the woman was telling me that classes there are $109 for eight weeks, which is about $14 per class.

For agility, I pay $90 for a six week class for one dog, $165 for two dogs.

Your puppies are, IMO, too young for agility. Repetitive jumping is not something you want to do with puppies because of the growth plates not being closed, although they close at an earlier age, usually in small dogs. There are still many things you can do to get them ready for agility. There is an article on www.cleanrun.com about it.

You might also look into obedience clubs. They might offer better rates, especially if you think you might like to become a member.

Good luck!
Wow I'm getting ripped off here. Need to get out of NYC soon. And definitely I will not be signing up for agility classes yet for my puppies. I was referring to the puppy obedience classes for 5 months and younger - and they are still in the $300s! I realize this is very overpriced and I was wondering how everyone could afford these classes- but I get that it's only in NY. Anyone from LA? I might be moving soon and I'm hoping it's cheap there!
ChocoMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!