View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 10:54 AM   #1
violet17
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Animal Smiley 019 allergies /illness pee etc can any one advise

Hi,
Glad to have found you all.
Alfie is 5 for the last 4 years he has been treated for severe allergies. He is now on suppressant drugs NEORAL used for people who have organ transplants. With the medicine he survives, we also give him twice weekly baths monthly antibiotic shots,& daily lotion applied to his sores. The NEORAL is affecting the liver but with out Neoral he will have to be put down. His two back legs have finally gone due to the classic knee problem ( rotoule in french) he now has arthritis as well and is finding walking harder and harder; the Neoral also makes him pee and he has started peeing every where , this is new and i am at my wits end. i clean up the pee with vinegar as i am told this will alert him to pee else- where. i leave a pee-pee mat at the door so he always has that option.He used to use the mat but now???? I don't know if it is just that is has got into lazy habits or if he can not stop the pee just coming .
he is the kindest sweetest gentle dog you can imagine, and such a love to us so we carry on the ultra expensive treatment, i think i work to pay for it but what can you do? Any advice for me??
violet17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!