View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 10:19 PM   #10
kdhawks
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

I am so sorry to hear about Snickers' separation anxiety. I know that is a tough thing to deal with. My brother's dog Dallas has horrible separation anxiety. He is the sweetest, calmest dog if there are people around, but poops and pees and destroys everything in sight if he is left alone at home (he once even chewed a hole in my brothers box spring)! So Dallas is crated in my brother's room with the door shut if there are no humans at home.

Anyway, my brother and I have been sharing an apartment for a few months now. I thought that living with Levi would really help the separation anxiety. Levi is extremely well-behaved when he is home alone (I'm pretty sure he just sleeps all day, ha). They get along wonderfully, they play constantly, follow each other around, nap together...but the few times we have left Dallas out with Levi, his separation anxiety is definitely still there. It may be a bit lessened for him, but definitely not to the point that we could leave him out with Levi for more than 15 minutes without worrying that he would completely soil the carpet or break/chew something. Something about the lack of humans just completely stresses him out.

I'm sure it is different with every individual dog, but Dallas just seems to be the kind of dog that needs humans around at all times to feel comfortable. He adores Levi, but that presence unfortunately isn't enough to comfort him while we are gone.

Last edited by kdhawks; 11-09-2010 at 10:21 PM.
kdhawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!