View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 05:30 PM   #11
AllDogBoots
Donating YT 500 Club Member

We just got home a little while ago. I met the trainer. There was a father and son with 2 german shepherd puppies and Cooper and me. The 2 GSDs were so sweet and very timid and just wanted to put their heads on their owners. Cooper was his busy self, smelling, sniffing and paying no attention to anything but "gotta go there". We learned how to load the clicker and this week i'm going to work on the "watch me" command with both Coop and Max. She's coming to my house Monday for an hour. She wants me to write a list of things I want out of the training. That may be a long list.

The trainer follows a clicker/reward training with no choke, shock, prong collars, etc. Her background is military and social work. Cooper took to her right away, as he does with everyone. I look forward to Monday.

As a side note, Max got his first haircut today. The groomer is not a very good groomer but Cooper LOVES going there, so we go and I feel comfortable leaving him there. She said Max did fantastic. But does anyone remember Cooper's lamb pics? She chopped all of Max's head hair off like a crew cut. It's just awful and he looks so different. No more top knot, but I guess it'll grow. He kind of resembles a goat. And now i have Cooper's hair long so he looks like a sheep People probably think I have a farm in my backyard.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!