View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 11:44 AM   #1
hugz4all4
YT 2000 Club Member

Default Just when you think your done

adding to your four legged family..this happens...
I will try and make this short as possible

My neighbors have a dog that they keep outside at all times..Ive mentioned them on here before. (it looks like a over grown tri colored beagle, a coon hound maybe?) she is a sweetheart that is very unloved.. he wanted the dog, she didnt.
She is about 4 or 5 years old and has been not taken care of at all. She has never been to the vets, has fleas, worms (she has pooed in my yard before) and hasnt been fixed.. and has always been underwieght, she is only fed pretty much when the feel the need. She barks all the time and instead of giving her the attention and food she needs, they bought her a shock collar. She barks at the burn barrel because she knows that is where they burn thier garbage. She gets loose all the time, gets in our garbage and has at one time attack and killed one of our rabbits. (needless to say no more rabbits outside). I dont blame the dog, she is just hungry.
About 3 weeks ago, they got a new puppy.. a s**tzu... at that time I was told by their boys that because they spent all of thier money on the new puppy that they didnt have any food for the outside dog.. so I gave them some. They have told me numerous times they dont want the dog (outside) anymore so they are gonna try and "sell" her.
Today she had been barking and whining all day (we live just yards from where she is kept) so I wandered out to her with a handful of dog bisquits to give to her and what I saw brought me to tears. She is tethered to her dog house with what appears to be a bungee cord, its a only a few feet long if that, she can barely lay down, she is sitting and eating where she poo's. She is shockingly skinny.. I knew she was thin, but up close, I couldnt beleive she could even stand. I could see her spine, her hip bones and count her ribs. She was loving all the attention she was getting. I took some pics with the camera on my phone and sent them to my hubby as well as called him, he is not one who eagerly welcomes new animals but he was appalled and said that he would go over and talk to them tonight about us taking her. I dont think they are gonna say no..I have attached some pics.
I will update again tonight.. if we will be welcoming her into our family, if they do say no, I will be calling the police, I will not allow her to continue to suffer.. they probably wont do anything about it,like before but its always worth a shot..its better than doing nothing at all..

I could only get one to post and it doesnt show much..sorry..I will try again later
Attached Thumbnails
Just when you think your done-rosie.jpg  
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!