View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 06:41 AM   #12
YorkieAddiction
Yorkie Yakker

My story is different in that it didn't matter whether it was financial or time involved, etc. Taylor is the one that ultimately made the decision for us.

We had a beautiful yorkie girl who was playful, loveable and at the time 5 months old. Our guy wasn't quite 2 yrs old yet and was playful, loveable and our little best friend. So, you'd think that it would be perfect for him, he'd have a friend to have to play with and wouldn't be lonely if we had to leave him home to run to town or something.

Wrongo Mary Lou...... we had the her for nearly 6 months and it was the saddest time of our little dog's life. She was hyperactive and he was more sedate. Of course, she wasn't that hyper when she first came home, but no matter how much attention and walks we took, she was off the richter scale for activity. Add in to that she was really bad with the housetraining. And I'm a stay at home, so I've never had troubles housetraining any dog we've brought home.

Anyway, Taylor after the first couple weeks, got to where he wanted absolutely zero to do with her. He wasn't mean to her, he just hid on the bed or behind the chair. He quit being the happy go lucky doggie and got to where he absolutely spent less and less time wanting to be with us. Even when she was in her crate or she was outside. Used to be you pick up a leash and he was all excited. Not anymore. He became a recluse.

After 6 months of trying and watching our little guy be depressed we decided maybe it was HE who didn't mind being the single pup in the family and we were thinking he was lonely. We were wrong. We found her a lovely home, and within a day of her being in her new home, out popped our normal, happy little guy. He's happy as a clam and I'm no longer thinking that he needs a buddy. He's happy with his family and so that's how it's going to stay.

Who knew?! He just wanted to be an only child.

Beth and Taylor
YorkieAddiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!