Thread: Scratching
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 12:05 AM   #2
FlDebra
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

You might try changing foods. Even though a quality food, maybe it has something in it that she does not get along with. Look through the ingredients. Corn is often a culprit, as is wheat at times. If neither of those is in the food you are using, try a completely grain-free food.

Already on grain-free? Try adding some good oil -- like Grizzly Salmon Oil, Coconut Oil, even a top quality olive oil can help the skin and hair.

Another thing to try is changing shampoo. Every 10 days should not be too often, sounds just right to me. But if you can add a few more days, that might help in a dry climate. Also try a product like Espree Luxury Remoisturizer -- it is a super conditioner that will help put the moisture back in the hair from follicle to shaft to end. I love this Remoisturizer!! I think it is one great product.

Another thing to look at is what you are using for daily brushing. Never brush dry. There are several daily finishing sprays that I like, but not sure what is available in your area. Shop around and find a good quality finishing spray that will help add moisture daily (stay away from silicone which builds up).

Making sure they get plenty of fresh air and exercise is also important to quality skin and hair. With all of those things to try and maybe alter, hopefully you will find something that does the tick. Good luck getting rid of the itches!
FlDebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!