View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 06:57 PM   #4
MaddiesMommie
LoveMy2
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britster View Post
I don't necessarily think there's a specific number. I think that as long as you can provide the necessary needs for EACH dog... including individual training and attention, and can properly feed and exercise them, then it's not a problem.

I'm not in agreement with people owning a bunch of untrained, misbehaving dogs all at once. I've been in a house that had 4 out of control dogs... they all barked constantly, they all had accidents, they would fight, etc. To me, that's unfair to the dog and they're suffering. However, another person could live very comfortably and within reason owning 4 dogs. I really believe the first dog should be trained first, because adding a second when your first already has a lot of issues can lead to huge problems and that's when people get in way over their heads, but it doesn't sound like that's an issue for you! So it's all what you feel comfortable with.
Just make sure you can provide quality care for them including ALL vet needs, time and attention. I do not agree with people getting a dog or adding to their pack if they are not able provide for them.
MaddiesMommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!