View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 04:00 PM   #4
lil fu fu girl
No Longer a Member

We have always had 3-5 pups at our house with the exclusion of now, as only two are permitted. I have found that a triad or more always helps with seperation anxiety as well as the loss of one of the group. When you only have one or two, when you lose one, it not only affects the family but the other pup as well. Sometimes causing great depression in the other pup. By having 3 or more, the loss of the one is absorbed by the many. As soon as we can, I plan on adopting more specifically for this reason. As last season we lost my oldest pup, and it was heartwrenching for not only the family, but for his life mate as well.
But I would also listen to the others here about bringing into your home another pup as a loaner from a friend for a day to see how he behaves while you and the other pup are both there. This way you can see if he will be territorial or easy going with the other pup.

As far as I am concerned the more the merrier! However, it does take up more time, more money, and more diligence with training and upkeep.
lil fu fu girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!