View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 05:44 AM   #1
rrobinsonil
Yorkie Talker

Default Advice Needed for Positive Bonding for My Yorkies

Hi All
I've never had 2 dogs at the same time so I really don't know what's "normal behavior". Kermit is 4 and is a perfect dog. So perfect I thought he would want a companion. Chula is now 7 months old and has been in our family since late June. She is very much a hyper yorkie pup as he was. I think this gets on his nerves. What I thought would be a close relationship doesn't seem to be happening. Kermit at this point is not mean, he just tolerates her.Their first meeting wasn't in a neutral place. (read that after I got her) but I did bring her in and let him sniff her behind and belly hoping that he would sense submissive behavior from her. Chula (all 2.6lbs of her) has now become alpha dog to Kermit(12lbs.) If he is playing with toy she will take it and he just walks away. I feed them in two different places in kitchen so he's not annoyed but she will walk right up while he's eating to his bowl and he walks away, Chula sniffs his rear and he allows, etc. I put him in my lap on couch and love on him while she is to my side to teach Kermit good things happen while she is nearby to train him to see her in a positive light. He now doesn't seem to mind sitting on couch while she is there but that's about it but he does not look at her.When they play he growls like he doesn't want to be bothered.
Questions: Is it too late to try to make him alpha dog or is he ok as is?And are there any other things I can do to bond them? Will their relationship get better once she is out of hyper puppy stage?Sorry for this being so long.Thanks for any input.
rrobinsonil is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!