View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 05:09 AM   #2
manolos mom
Donating YT 4000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberlykozar View Post
I'm ready to start my direct my own Yorkie soap opera! I will call it "Is she, or isn't she"??? This is my story...
I lovingly owned 2 beautiful yorkies, one of which we lost this past spring at the age of 3 to Liver Shunt disease. She was so sweet. I decided to breed my little Shelby with a drop dead gorgeous baby-doll stud!!! Shelby just went for x-rays this past week which was day 44 and nothing was seen? Shelby's belly is definately larger and firmer, her teets are enlarged and she is constantly nesting and carrying socks around thinking these are her babies! She went with a decrease in appetite for 2 good weeks, and I managed to supplement her with hamburger/rice in her dog food. She barely ate, but now....she's eating like a horse!!! Crazy, crazy begging, crying, mouching, eating 4x a day. Shelby is 4lb. 1oz, her dad is 2lbs and the stud is 3lbs. Could it be the pups are just so teenie, that the vet couldn't see them at day 44??? I had her bloodwork checked, all great, and even had her stool checked for worms and she's clean. Any comments and expertise in this field, would be greatly appreciated.
Are you aware that breeding a 4lbs bitch can put her life in danger. She is too small. Also it sounds like you are trying to breed the "tiny baby doll face Yorkies" A big red flag. I do wish you luck with whelping, sounds like you love your dogs but maybe you need some guidance. A good refrence would be the YTCA.ORG website. Good Luck to you. Lissette
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!