View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 05:35 PM   #7
kimberlykozar
Yorkie Talker

I do thank you for your concern. First of all, I would like to say I have raised 3 handsome boys and am financially stable. The vet advised that I spay Shelby since she has had 2 false pregnancy in the past, without being bred. I lost my 3 yr old gorgeous Brandi-bear this past spring due to liver shunt disease. Brandi was very abusive to Shelby towards the end of her illness, and I don't think Shelby would easily welcome another yorkie addition. Since I left the option open whether to breed Shelby or not, I decided Shelby would love and accept her own pups. I had an extensive physical taken, blood work included and she is very healthy. She is currently the same weight as before the breeding, since she did have a decrease in appetite. She probably lost, but her belly put on. I am fully prepared that if she runs into problems, I have a vet 5 mins. from my home on call. The vet was pleased that the stud is 1/4 size smaller than Shelby, and Shelby's genes are tiny as well. I do respect that she could still throw a large pup, but this is why my vet is involved. I appreciate your opinions. xo
kimberlykozar is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!