View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 05:09 PM   #6
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberlykozar View Post
Ok, this is my situation. Shelby was bred 48 days ago. Her nipples are enlarged, her personality is super mushy, she carries socks everywhere mimiking them as babies. She had a decrease in appetite a good 2 weeks, and finally developed a ravinous appetite. My problem is, I took Shelby to the vet on day 44 and they took x-rays and they said no babies??? Her tummy is nice and round, and firm and definately bigger. She weighs 4lbs. 1 oz. and the stud weighs 3lbs. Shelby's mom is 4lbs. and dad is 2lbs. Could it be the puppies are so tiny, the x-ray didn't pick them up???? This is her first time being bred, please anyone, tell me what is going on??? Thank you!

Xrays at 44 wks is too early to tell pups or not. The vet said to spay her. Did you question the vet as to why they recommended spaying her?

I do so hope you are emotionally and finacially prepared for a C section, and challenges of a spay with a first time dam.

Breeding a female of under 5lbs is not recommended, and if she is pregnant and weighs 4lbs one once now, what did she weigh prior to the breeding?

Whatever is the outcome I wish a healthy whelp, and should she not be pregnant please reconsider breeding this small bitch.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!