View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 02:52 PM   #1
DamSweet
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Question Loose Poop - now no poop!!

Since this isn't an emergency (I hope) I'm not sure I'm posting in the right place so if there is somewhere else I should post please let me know.
I'll leave out all the boring details and try to make this short. Last Friday Bridget started having loose stools - it wasn't watery - just loose. I went out of town Saturday morning (tickets already bought) and the girls stayed home with my fiance (Tony). When I got to NC (about 8 hours later) I called home to see how she was and Tony said that he had already given her AND Greta 3 mini-baths because their backside kept getting messed. Nothing had changed in their diets except for their joint supplement (they were out of the brand I had previously bought). We decided to stop the supplements and see what happens.

Well - Sunday was just as bad - not a lot and not watery, but often - so bless his heart - he spent Sunday cleaning furbabies and carpets (Greta is not good with the pads yet). I came home Monday night to a small mess - and Tuesday was good - seemed to be becoming firmer. Kept them on a bland diet - boiled chicken and rice but still slightly loose stools. They were playing normal, eating well, drinking - no vomiting....just the loose stools.

By Friday - they started having quite a bit of mucus, and was very stinky! Off to the vet first thing Saturday morning with fecal samples - everything looked good - no parasites. Along with a $178.00 bill (after last weeks $144.00 heartworm/flea/tick tests - gotta love my "Million-dollar babies") - the vet said it was GASTRITITIS and gave me Pro-Pectalin, Metronidazole, to give them every 12 hours, and FortiFlora once a day. I started as soon as we came home and by this morning while I was sleeping I heard a very loud "YAHOO" coming from the kitchen - Greta had a solid poop - I don't know when the last time was I saw that man so happy!!!

Bridget, however, has not had a bowel movement since yesterday - is that normal - should I continue to give her these meds? She and Greta are acting normal - but normally I can set a clock by Bridget - Once before I go to work, and once in the evening and in the 10 months I had her - never a loose stool.

Any thoughts? I'll be calling the vet in the morning - but she is due for her meds and I'm concerned about doing more harm than good.

Thanks for any comments

Donna......owned by Bridget and Greta (and wouldn't have it any other way!)
DamSweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!