View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 02:14 PM   #1
richards6402
Love My Girls
Donating Member

Sad Bad experience at vet's office

OK, I'm still upset and don't know if I have reason to be. My DH says I am making a big deal out of nothing. Yesterday Macy had her heart worm check up. (2) Vet Techs come in, one to hold Macy and one to draw blood. The Vet Tech sticks Macy's little left leg to draw blood (I was expecting the yelp and thought everything would be OK) until I saw the Vet Tech wasn't getting any blood and saw her moving the needle back and forth under her skin trying to poke a vein. Macy was shaking and I was about ready to faint. I told the Vet Tech to stop. She then asked me if I wanted to go into another room while they tried again. I definitely didn't want to leave her alone so I asked the Vet Tech to try
a different leg. She stuck Macy and immediately began drawing blood without moving the needle hoping to hit something.

Just wanted to know if it is normal procedure to start digging around trying to hit a vein if you first don't succeeed and if anyone else has had this happen.

I know this hurts because when I have to give blood they have a hard hitting my veins because they "roll". I had a tech do this very same thing to me and I thought I would pass out.

It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled. (Mark Twain)
richards6402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!