View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 09:55 PM   #1
smittojess
Yorkie Yakker

Sad Switched to "better food" now having GI problems! Help!

Hello all I'm hoping that i can yet again depend on this forum for some help/advice. Bentley is 7 months old when we got him at 14 weeks he had been eating nutro puppy bites.. As he reached 6 months he decided to start boycotting his food and refusing to eat. After researching nutro on this site and others I read alot of stories about health problems so decided to switch to blue buffalo. We Spent 2 weeks slowly mixing in blue buffalo ( although he loved it so much he'd pick out the new food then eat old food later) we didn't have any problems for the 2 weeks we switched. Now he's been eating blue buffalo for 2 weeks and it has been horrible! He has had very runny horrible smelling diarrhea and horrid gas. He is bell trained and rarely poops inside but at times he's Been running full speed to an area of tile to have episodes of nearly liquid diarrhea. I'm so confused! I'm not sure if I should switch brands again, supplement something for the diarrhea (with my old austrialian shepard we were told rice) or what to do. He has no signs of parasites although I may have a stool check done by the vet to be safe. Has anyone else experienced this with blue buffalo or any other brands?? Any help I truly appreciate, thank you!! Bentley will thank you too he looks so miserable running tail tucked running to poop anywhere but the carpet
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!