View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 01:28 PM   #4
yorkieusa
Crazy about Kacee!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalLoverKris View Post
Let's see....

He is fully housetrained at his current home. He is neutered and they haven't mentioned that he marks?

He's coming from a home where he is really loved but due to extinuating (is that the right spelling?) circumstances they have to rehome him. As of this point he is in great health and up to daye on all shots.

I'm not sure about his food but he will be coming to us with whatever he is being fed.

I do not think he's been around cats in the past so I'll keep a very close eye on that. What we have done to ease the transition (or so I hope) is put a kitty door on our bathroom. (It's one of the cat doors with the magnetic unlocking mechanism so the only one that can use it is the one with the collar)That's where the cat's litterbox and food are. We're also hoping it will help out Pumpkin to be more comfortable if he can get away from the dog.

I hope that answered or at least gave a look further into the situation. Also....I uploaded a picture of him into the gallery...I'm hoping he looks more cheerful when he gets here.
It sounds like an ideal situation. The only things that come to mind is to find out how he tells his family he wants out, so that the situation could be made easier. He's young, so the transition should be not as hard on him as it would be for an older yorkie. I would just let him get acquainted with his new home and show him all of the love in the world to make him feel more secure. He may be sad for awhile, he may cry for his family, and he may suffer some anxiety from losing his family. You can make all of that easier just by being there and showing him you love him.

Be sure to use a harness to walk him to protect his trachea. Don't walk him with a collar, even if his previous family did so.

Buy lots and lots of clothes for him. I'm sure he will be proud to show off his new duds!

I looked at his picture. He's a little doll. He doesn't look sad. He's just been sleeping and somebody woke him up.lol

Let us know how things go.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!